"Are you crazy, you take a heart attack." "I'll never make it." "But who makes you do." The reactions of friends and relatives to travel a little later I started were not positive. But I felt convinced, given the load and, anxious to prove myself and ready to take on a new adventure.
year I say I want to take a trip by bicycle, since during the pilgrimage in Europe I met many people who used this means of transport. Further impetus came from the books of Matthew Europe Europe Scarabelli and E 'East of Paul Rumiz ....
So some 'for fun and almost suddenly the opportunity came, and instead of spending in August and its a deserted Rome went on a eight-day tour of Slovenia. This is also thanks to my friend Francesco, a cyclist more than me, who decided to follow me in this crazy race.
Honestly, some concern to achieve it I had crossed my mind. Worked so hard, although I must admit much less than you might think, but especially great satisfaction. 625 km route in seven days, all done only with the help of his legs and energy.
A tour of Slovenia through a small circular route that started and finished from Gorizia to Trieste, we were able to visit many regions of the Balkan state. A trip slow, very slow, that allows you to get in tune with the environment and people. Travelling by bike 'an incredible opportunity to socialize and to establish that human relationship that should be the norm among men.
I have often had the impression that the cold and ancient means of transport was a useful tool to open hearts and doors of the people. And I must admit that the Slovenes from this point of view did not betray the expectations.
I will never stop thanking all those who helped us: who has supplied water to those who did repair a sudden summer cloudburst, who has freed us two beds in a mysterious hostel now when we were convinced to spend the night in the open to those who have delayed for a birthday party to give us fresh fruit and a drink.
I can not fail to grant a special mention to Franz, Postojna ranger walker and amateur, who never doubted for a moment in rescuing stranded seeing. He loaded our vehicles on the car of his wife and two on us and took us to their destination by nightfall thus saving us from a flood and ready to go wild over our heads.
A report by the human constant alternating only lonely hours spent in the saddle, with the unbearable pain in the ass, but rewarded from the magnificent natural environment that surrounded us.
Walk along the Isonzo seeing in the distance Mount Triglav, along roads bordered by old railroad tracks and mountain streams; die effort to reach the summit of a mountain and then thought to have arrived in paradise enjoying of view as from the top, only to find out about this wonder of a vast, green plain top, through tiny villages and remote greeting the few inhabitants, arriving unexpectedly after a sharp bend on the ancient bridge in Most na Soci, planar for miles at breakneck speed toward the coast, with the Adriatic and closer Venice on the horizon, stopping only to taste some wild blackberries.
In our go I could see that here are many cyclists and that there are a wide culture of two wheels with bicycle lanes in each city, all in excellent condition, and also that wind along the highways .
Overall a journey full of emotion, an experience that I will try to repeat and that everyone can emulate. Do not need any particular physical condition or special technical means, but some advice I would give it. Avoid using a bicycle too bad as I did, alas, it being the very first day the victim of failures that have slowed down the way, but enriching it further. The simplicity of the two wheels also allows readers to be able to fix a simple mechanical defect anyway and at worst can find someone they can do.
0 comments:
Post a Comment